[geeks] Any thoughs on theCisco 806 broadband router?

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Fri Apr 19 15:12:50 CDT 2002

They arent bad, but they need a special license if you want to use any of
the cool features i.e. cisco private link. Also licensing is per connection
on them. If it's just you then fine, but if it's for an office (more than 5
users or systems) you need the small business license. Also be careful you
make sure exactly which one it is, and unless you have cisco support already
get one with a current firmware image.

BTW all of this is straight from cisco's premier partner in Ireland. I was
considering buying one of them a few months ago and decided to hack a BSD
box into my gateway instead.

Chris Byrne