[geeks] iShake?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Apr 19 14:56:33 CDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 02:50:30PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 03:48:07PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > It appears to be old news, but I just found out that Apple bought Nothing
> > Real.  I wonder if this means they will release iShake, with iShake being to
> > Shake what iMovie is to FCP.
>
> What is Shake?

http://www.nothingreal.com/

Well, it is a compositing tool (well it really does a lot more than just
compositing).  One notable use of it was for all the compositing work on
LOTR.  They were one of the companies to first ship software for Linux.
Houdini was talked about, demonstrated, but not for sale at the time, Maya
wasn't yet ported, etc.  PRMan was out though, but then, it ain't a gui
program.

--
Joshua D. Boyd