[geeks] Computer desks

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 19 14:22:54 CDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, David Passmore wrote:

> Dude, that desk rocks! And it's cheap, too!
>
> http://www.sneakers.org/workstation.jpg

Nifty - yours is slightly different from mine.  There doesn't seem to be a
monitor shelf and the main supports on the sides are taller.  Also, the
main surface on mine is shaped like this:

|       |
 \_____/   (trays pull out of the / corners)

My guess is that this is version 2 or a version that the Ikea here didn't
have at the time.  In either case, very nice, and the differently shaped
main surface looks like it'd eliminate my only complaint about the desk.
The main surface on mine is *barely* wide enough, due to the chopped off
corners, for a keyboard and mouse, IME.

Do you have a KVM switch hooked up there and not switching video or are
all of the monitors running off the same box?

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca