[geeks] difference between "ultra" and "ultra enterprise" 2?

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Fri Apr 19 13:05:03 CDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, alex j avriette wrote:

> I have a new toy on my desk, a dual 300mhz ultra "enterprise" 2. What is
> the difference between this and the average Ultra2? I see both on ebay,
> and the ones that are "enterprise" all seem to cost more...?

Not a thing, really.  The "Enterprise" ones often came w/o frambuffer, but
there is no difference across the Ultra-2 line. (Unlike the Ultra 1, where
there was a *big* difference between the "E" and non-"E" systems.)

U2 is one of my all-time favorite boxes, it is fast, stable, expandible,
and just all-around cool.  Basenji.com runs on one.

-Pete