[geeks] GAH! City of Austin Vs. Microsoft

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Apr 19 10:22:15 CDT 2002

> > My response would be "prove we stole it".  Whatever happened to
> > presumption of innocence?  Though I suppose a court battle would be more
> > expensive, even in th eshort term...
>
> Don't you sign away that right by agreeing to the license agreement?

Perhaps, theoretically.  However, I've seen cases recently where a
license agreement can only be binding insofar as the law allows.  If the
license agreement allows a software vendor to ignore local/state/federal
law, that portion of the agreement is normally argued as non-binding.
That said, I can't recall any cases off the top of my head.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com