[geeks] Stupid developer/distro people

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Apr 19 00:05:39 CDT 2002

Who would have thought that setting up a simple, relatively standard Solaris
8 machine could possibly be so hard?  So far I've done in depth network
analysis, learned a lot about configuring a hardware router and the way PPPOE
and verizon DSL work.  And I've spent several hours digging through linux
scripts, etc.

And I still can't get the bloody patches to install properly.

I seem to be cursed with having every single thing I buy be broken out of the
box.  Debian, verizon, the lanplex, multiple macs, PCs, etc.  I have horror
stories about everything I have except the SS2.  Aaaah.

--
Joshua D. Boyd