[geeks] XFree4.1 on linux and remote clients

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Apr 18 23:49:55 CDT 2002

Does one have to do anything other than xhost + remote_client_ip to make it
work normally?  My /etc/hosts.deny file is empty, I do:
xhost + 192.168.0.55
and still the fortec++ installer can't open the remote display.  If I telnet
to an old redhat box I have here and set it's display env var, it also
complains about not being able to connect.

What gives?  On one freebsd list, they menthined that xfree required a
-listen_tcp flag, but X and startx don't recognize such a flag.

--
Joshua D. Boyd