[geeks] Ahhh, this does suck

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Thu Apr 18 21:23:30 CDT 2002

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> http://www.nwfusion.com/net.worker/news/2002/0408networker.html

And these are the same bastards who keep putting in smaller and smaller
caps without ever announcing it to their customers.  When they first started
here in rochester, it was 10Mbit down, 300Kbit up.  A year and a half ago
or so, they capped everyone at 2Mbit.  Except they didn't mention it, it
was only when some of the power users noticed that they got any press about
it.

I don't even know if I get a full 2Mbit any more, and I have know idea how
little upload I get.

I think this is going to be what pushes me to finally switch to DSL.
They've gotten bad press about putting in rate-caps before, but only
because they announce it well ahead of time.  And my friend who has it
switched from Roadrunner and find it SO much faster.

Hmmm, I wonder what specials DSL has going.

--Kurt