[geeks] help, please..

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Thu Apr 18 19:02:28 CDT 2002

> > I've been put in the unfortunate position of having to write a DOS batch
> > script to configure and install some software for a client.
> > Unfortunately, while I seem to hae most of the major stuff covered, I
> > can't seem to find a DOS equivilent of 'sed'.  Does such a thing exist?
> >
> > The goal is to take a text file and insert values at placeholders.
> > Anyone know if this is possible with DOS?
>
> Can you just install the cygwin unix tools and get sed & grep & awk & all
> that?

There is something called 4dos. It's batch capabilities are good. It
has everything that DOS lacks...

I was looking to use it for moving voice files to/from a unix box via
network from DOS (DOS voice mail program). For a dial joke line. I
needed date varibles and such for naming the files. 4dos had it.

					-- Ethan