[geeks] sigh.

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Thu Apr 18 10:29:46 CDT 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Stefan Molnar wrote:

> I refuse to go near a 6500 since the back plane is slower than anything.
> I have seen and felt at times where a 4x4 420r can out compile a fully
> loaded e6500.  Shoot that 6500 and make it into a nice case for other
> boxes.

It's got bigger latencies than the 420R/450/250/220R.  But that's because
it's designed for MANY more processors.  If you are only doing 4 or less
processors, you are better off with the smaller server and it WILL run
circles around the bigger machine.  It's when you go to more than 4
processors that the x500 series starts to come into its own.

--Kurt