[geeks] Where can I get cheap Origin 200s?

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Thu Apr 18 00:42:28 CDT 2002

Brian Hechinger wrote:

> > get the fuck off my machine.
> >
> > i'm sure your entire class-c will be blackholed in due time. congratulations.
> > you earned it. normally i just unsubscribe people.
>
> sure, the guy was a little out of line.  but he's new and doesn't fully grok
> the situation just yet, but your reaction is WAY extreme, and i'm afraid that
> i'm going to have to take my leave at this point.
>
> you need to calm the fuck down amy.

As I read along this thread I was wondering "What the heck did Bill mean
by that? The guy wants to sell his machine for the same price he bought
it for, therefore no profit, and therefore perfectly fine with the
rules?". That was the first reply.
The second comes as a lightningbolt from a blue sky.
When things are heating up, I see the perfect explanation from Bill, why
on earth he complained on that posting. (the guy seems to be a reseller)
Why couldn't you, Bill, have said that in the first post? That would
have explained things right away and avoided confusions.

I don't know, but when things like this goes out of control, I don't see
any reason why I should stick to reading 200+ emails in my inbox
everyday, just to see people get upset/unsubscribe. I don't really
matter that much for Sun-systems (since I'm at the moment only own a
Sparcstation 4 and a X-terminal 1 on my desk), but it's the
SGI/IBM/Alpha/Cray/whatever_$architecture postings that feeds my
interest. Oh, and all the stuff that truly belongs in @geeks. It feels
like a community to me, friends on the other side of the pond.

However, I do love these lists but when things go out of hand I start to
wonder why I'm still there. When things like Amys wipe-off comes up, I'm
very close to unsubscribing cause of that. OK, I know, one less
subscriber couldn't mean jack to your big lists, but I'm sure others are
thinking just like me. What happends to a list with mass-unsubscribing?
Yes.

I'll admit, my English sucks, but atleast I'm trying.
I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here...

Keep it up.
--
Vnliga hlsningar/Best Regards
Bjrn Ramqvist, Hgglunds Vehicle AB