[geeks] sigh.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Apr 18 00:00:09 CDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 09:52:31PM -0700, Stefan Molnar wrote:
> Ever check a e45000 aginst a sun4us fuji taho box?   No where near each
> other.

Only problem with stuff like the Fujitsu SPARC stuff is that when they decide
to quit supporting their older "not quite standard" hardware, you're up a
creek.

I've got a situation now where I'm trying to help a guy recover some old
files off of a HALstation 64-bit SPARC machine that *will not* boot a "normal"
Solaris CD-ROM - and the special version of Solaris 2.4 for this machine is
pure unobtanium.  I'm going to end up having to mount the drives (luckily,
they're UFS) on another SPARC and just copy the files over.

(the root password was forgotten)

I think a lot of the modern Fujitsu stuff is "normal", but some of their
high-end equipment is pretty exotic and "just different enough".

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net