[geeks] party at my place first weekend in may

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Wed Apr 17 17:30:59 CDT 2002

> > the city would take it.  If the cops caught anyone
> > taking something off of a pile, they would get arrested.
> > And they want us to recycle in Jersey.  Blech.
 <snip>
> That is just revolting.  Such people should be fined huge amounts of money for
> not properly recycling.

Agreed.  The last time wwe had it, a person down the block put out
a nice old Mac system on the pile as if they WANTED someone to take it.
All lined up like a store display.  Darn cops were just about staking out the place.
Bad enough I have to deal with the wife.....

Once I got a pair of old Tandy Model 12, one with SCSI card from one.
Both worked, gave one away.  (I love leaving an 8" floppy around the classroom
with a label "Final Exam with answers.")

Dumpster diving rules!