[geeks] this browser does *not* suck...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Apr 16 13:25:52 CDT 2002

I figgered I go and download Mozilla 0.9.9 so that I could enjoy a more
responsive Mozilla when I have to use it.  While at oss.sgi.com I came
across something called Skipstone - a tiny little thing that uses the
Mozilla rendering engine, as well as some othe junk.  However, it is
waaaay faster than Mozilla, at least on my Octane.

The downside?  I dunno.  No flash, for starters - but that's not a deal
killer here.  I really wanted something small, light, and could render
broken HTML.  So far this is a Good Thing, and Does Not Suck.

Nice things Skipstone does: tabs, themes, small toolbars, responsive.
not-so-nice things: helper apps limited to mailer and download (AFAIK)

Other than that, using it is much more pleasurable than using Mozilla
(at least at this stage of the game).

To install, you need Mozilla, GTK+, and glib - all were on my system
after I lost a fight with freeware.sgi.com :)
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com