[geeks] grr AT

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Apr 16 08:53:00 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 12:30:49AM -0700, Geoff Reed wrote:
> look on Ebay, there's a bunch of ASUS P2B-B motherboards available.  AT
> Form Factor P-2/P-3 motherboards.  there's also P2L-B  (66 mhz bus for
> older P-=2's (233 - 333 ) and celerons.

Hmm.  The P2B-B boards I see don't mention anything about PS/2 port for mice.
I realize that wasn't in the AT standard, but does anyone know anything else
about this?  If I got the USBMIR connector working, I probably could just use
a USB mouse I suppose.  I'm guessing USBMIR is some sort of standard onboard
USB header thing.

Just thinking of it I took the cheap path (meaning swap mobo and CPU into
P166 system, which already is using PC100 ram), then I wouldn't have an free
PCI slots for a USB card.

--
Joshua D. Boyd