[geeks] grr AT

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Apr 15 23:35:15 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 12:09:17AM -0400, Michael Conlen wrote:
> Don: "Hey Andy! How's things going" (I'm thinking he knows you?!)
> Andy: "Great. Don, this is someone I want you to meet. Don, this is Mike
> Conlen"
> Don: "Nice to meet you. So Mike, what do you do?"
> Me: "I'm a professional vi user, so usually software engineering or sys
> admin work" (I was unemployed at the time)
> Don: "Oh, I use emacs."

D'oh!

I met ESR back when he was just the Jargon File guy, at a "owners of regional
ISPs" meeting back in '97-98 or so when the World Sci Fi convention was in
San Antonio.  Really nice guy. I sat and talked with him across the table
for oh, half an hour at least, before I looked over and read his name badge
closer.

"esr at thysrus.org" (or whatever it is)

me: "esr?  You're Eric Raymond?"

him: "Yeah..."

me: "Jargon File?"

him: "Yeah!"

me: "DUDE, IM NOT WORTHY"

Other than that, I've never really met anybody "famous"; cept for some of
Dave McGuire's friends and "associates" when Amy and I were in Baltimore
for our honeymoon.

Man, gotta love a wife that lets you go to ISPCon on the honeymoon. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net