[geeks] e.e. smith "lensman" series

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Mon Apr 15 15:42:14 CDT 2002

	funly enough one of the better depictions of combat that has ever
been shown, that is not on your list, is Forrest Gump. The scene were he
gets the medal of honor. You never see the enemy. It's just massive amounts
of rounds coming from all directions with some flashes in the trees.
Everyone get's hit pretty quick and goes down. Nothing but rampant
confussion. Forrest does not heroically fight off the VC by himself, he
simply runs. and Keeps running. He was lucky, maybe to a large degree but
not unbelivably so. No one sees each other, it's just round being sprayed at
were you think they are.
	As to small squad tactics for examples I really enjoyed the assault
on the machine gun nest in private ryan. Showed what a small team can do to
a machine gun. Also check out band of brothers, either Episode 2 or 3 , it
recreates the assault on the artilley by the airborne durring d-day by Lt.
winters. Aparently this assault is now taught at west point as it was a
perfect execution. Really great camera work and great action.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer
WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org