Bad things happen guy was RE: [geeks] New guitar.

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Apr 15 15:21:40 CDT 2002

Chris Byrne wrote:

> Good man. Breaking at the elbows is effective, and will cause those bastards
> severe pain for the rest of their lives, which is far less than what they
> deserve.
>  My response would have been somewhat more direct then the police. Check the
> archives for one of my posts on gun safety

It was a reflex action.  First his right fist swung towards me (movie
bar-brawl style, think Roadhouse) which I sidestepped, grabbed his fist
with my right hand, and sent the heel of my left hand into his elbow -
*snap*.  He was stupid enough to try the other hand after yelping in
pain.  I wish I could say that I thought about it long enough to think
that would cause lifelong pain - but there wasn't really time for
thought.

I recall that story (on gun saftey).  I was confronted with an idiot
with a rifle once, I *almost* sent one past his ear as a lesson in
muzzle control, but thought better of it.  Instead I decided to verbally
abuse him for about 5 minutes and make him cry.

> > > Most I've ever done is interupt an attempted rape - broke both the guys
> > > arms at the elbows.
> >
> > *and* had him hauled off by the cops too, I hope?

Damn straight.  After the fact.  Though I had a Pulp Fiction moment [1]
there trying to decide *exactly* what to do.  I decided to call the
cops, based on what might happen to me had I performed some sort of
pre-meditated retribution.

[1] This was before Pulp Fiction came out.  At the time it was simply a
'moral dillema'.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com