[geeks] The word BRITISH and FOOD Do not belong in the same

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Apr 15 13:37:41 CDT 2002

> > Yes, but did it cool down at night?  As long as the temperature reaches
> > something that might be called cool in the night time, then I can take pretty
> > much anything the day dishes out.  When it is 90+ and humid all night, then
> > I start going bonkers, although some people argue that I never stopped from
> > the last time.
>
> It cools down at night (goes down to mid-70's and 100% humidity) until
> about mid-June and then it stays in the 90's until October. It wears on ya
> after awhile. :)

Mowing royally sucks, though, as even in the early morning or
early evening the temperature is a little lower but the humidity
rises.  I usually get up, mow (it takes about an hour), then
take a cool shower, followed by an hour nap.  Stopping every
fifteen minutes to drink is a good idea.  The shower cools me
down (and gets me clean, as I'm wet with sweat after mowing),
and the nap keeps me still.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net