[geeks] galeon Doesn't Suck that much....

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Mon Apr 15 13:24:04 CDT 2002

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

> >   At any one time I've got twenty shell windows open.  I find that
> > switching back and forth between tasks regularly (say, start a big
> > compile, go do something else, come back in twenty minutes, etc) helps
> > me maintain better productivity since I don't get burnt-out on one
> > task.

> You, too?  I always just chalked it up as "making ADD work for me."

I had a boss who used to SOOO piss me off.  I work best when I'm juggling
4 or 5 things at once.  Because I'm ADD.  This boss is like "Why aren't
you working on project A 100%?".  He couldn't understand that if I kept
switching between 3 or 4 things when I felt annoyed with one I was MUCH
more productive.

Then again, this is the same guy who HIS boss came to me after $dumb_boss's
complaints about me and said: "Yup, $dumb_boss is an asshole.  Don't sweat it."

=)

--Kurt