[geeks] I HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Mon Apr 15 02:47:00 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 02:43:53AM -0500, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> I took that as him asking if he could swap a motherboard with the N-Force
> chipset (by nVidia) into an existing PC.

yeah.

> That depends on the CPU/Memory you have. The chipset only does DDR ram
> (AFAIK), so that could be a problem. Any Socket A CPU
> (Athlon/AthlonXP/Duron) would work (again AFAIK).

which i have none of anyway.  oh well.  next time my brother is looking to
spend any money on his computer, at least i know which way to go with it.
hell, a 700Mhz Tbird is $23 and an nForce mobo is less than $100, that leaves
RAM, two sticks of 256M at $48/each.  less than $250 to go nice.  not bad.

-brian
--
"Today, put your best foot forward. If you're not sure which of your feet is
 your best foot, cut one off. Then it doesn't matter."   - www.lowbrow.com -