[geeks] American Cable Tee Vee

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Mon Apr 15 02:57:33 CDT 2002

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, William S. wrote:

> Here in Amsterdam, most of the TV stations run
> a few commercial breaks but not nearly as many
> as in the US. The thing that annoys me most
> is having to watch commercials in the movie theater.
> Before the main feature begins you get a few
> trailers of upcoming releases which I don't mind
> too much as long as they don't give away the plot.
> But then there is maybe another 5 min of TV type commercial
> stuff which I don't like since I paid for a ticket.
> Maybe it helps keep the price of a ticket lower.
> I think the last time I went it was about 6 USD.

*nod* the commercials in the theaters bug me as well. the last thing i
need is an extra 5 minutes of pepsi commercials tacked onto 20 minutes of
previews. :) i can't quite tell you what the price of movies is nowadays
(i haven't been to one in so long it's pitiful...and the ones i have seen
were at the alamo drafthouse so the prices aren't the same) but i'm pretty
sure it's in the category of "too much" :)

--a