[geeks] GOD DAMMIT ALL I WANT TO DO IS INSTALL WINDOWMAKERON MY OCTANE

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Mon Apr 15 00:18:24 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 09:55:56PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> I was being facetious.

sorry.  i'm not good at subtle.

> But truly, I can't say that it really affects me
> too much.  I have a single head.  I use virtual desktops, and while
> switching between them isn't as easy as other GUIs, I don't find it
> horrible.

that's cause you only have a single head.  in multi-head the desktop switching
toolbox is only in screen :0.0 so you have to always go all the way back to
the screen all the way on the left/right depending where you have :0.0

it's not fun.  also, they are locked together, you can only switch all screens
to the same set of desktops, whereas with WindwoMaker or OpenLook you can change
each screen independantly.

-brian
--
"Today, put your best foot forward. If you're not sure which of your feet is
 your best foot, cut one off. Then it doesn't matter."   - www.lowbrow.com -