[geeks] OT Q: Multiple paths to storage in Linux

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Sun Apr 14 23:53:18 CDT 2002

Eric Dittman wrote:

> > I've come to the conclusion that commersial support with these things
> > AIN'T WORTH JACK SHIT. If you know what you are doing, stick to
> > opensource. Atleast there you can find the solution to your problems
> > yourself, without having to wait a decade for the support assistants to
> > get their thumbs out of their ass. The chance of another person having
> > the same problem as you is far more likely than in the commercial world.
> > 99.9% of those times there are patches/workarounds/solutions for the
> > problem right there, if you find it.
>
> I've never had a problem with OpenVMS support.  They know how
> to debug and can read crash dumps.

Atleast here in Sweden, it's depending on what type of hardware and
software you are running. If you don't go deep deep into operating
system-related questions or oddball software that 0.001% of VMS users
are running, you're OK. If you do, it can be rather tricky.
(My coworkers opinion)

--
Vdnliga hdlsningar/Best Regards
Bjvrn Ramqvist, Hdgglunds Vehicle AB