[geeks] I HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Apr 14 20:22:08 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 08:56:48PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > who said anything about games? a 733mhz p3 with an nvidia graphics card,
> > hard disk, and dvd-rom. that actually costs ms money. what more could
> > you ask for?
> A non POS machine?

Its only the "new release of Windows and 2x faster hardware every six months"
industry that thinks 733Mhz is a POS.  its far from it.

Heck, the sun-managers mailing list runs on a SS10 with a single 40Mhz
CPU...

Two years ago, I was running Linux on a P120 as my desktop machine at a
sysamdin job.  It did the job.  Not fast, but adequate.

People forget the difference between "adequate" and "piece of shit".

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net