[geeks] New guitar.

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sun Apr 14 18:34:20 CDT 2002

Sweet man, I love the finish.

I've two guitars at the moment. A very nice Epiphone electricoustic extended
cutaway with a built in pre-amp, and a '94 Fender Stratocaster Ultra Plus in
beryllium blue. They only made 400 of them.

My fav guitar I ever owned has to be my Gibson custom shop explorer. It was
a brazillian rosewood neck through body with mahogany bookmatched sides and
a flame maple top veneer, real ivory bindings (mad ein the late 1970's) and
mother of pearl inlays, and brass hardware everywhere. It had a gorgeous
clear red finish, a floyd rose full locker. and two emg active single coils
and a humbuck (also emg active) with coil taping and phase reversing. It was
THE COOLEST guitar I've ever seen. I traded a vintage ES135 for it.

Its gone now. THe fire on my 19th took it along with my Golden brown
sunburst '74 reissue strat, my red SG, my Blonde Les (also VERY nice but I
didnt play it much) and my martin (and lot of other very nice expensive and
personally meaningful stuff). I damn near beat my brother to death for
setting the fire.

Chris Byrne