[geeks] Ah, Sunday.

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sun Apr 14 13:11:46 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 08:16:34PM +0200, William S. wrote:

> Just curious what the cost is for a T1. Are you using it for strictly
> personal use?

i'm paying $853/month for a 768k burstable to 1.5Mbit Frame Relay line.  it's
a flat fee, i never pay more, and since Frame was so built up and so unused
i never get anything less than a full 1.5Mbit out of the deal.  it's a great
deal as far as Ts go, but it's still expensive.

as far as usage, i'd love to do some hosting and make some money on it, but i
don't try real hard since i hate the whole business thing.  my neighbor pays
a little a month towards it since i let him use it, and work is supposed to
toss me some cash a month for it, not that they have started yet.  need to
harrass about that monday.

still, it's either that, or pay some rediculous amount of cash for an ISDN line
and get shit slow speeds.  i won't put up with that nonsense.

-brian
--
"Today, put your best foot forward. If you're not sure which of your feet is
 your best foot, cut one off. Then it doesn't matter."   - www.lowbrow.com -