[geeks] Optical rodent

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sat Apr 13 23:22:45 CDT 2002

My GF just bought me the Wireless Explorer the other day. I love it. When
you have hands as large as mine it's very hard to find a good mouse that
fits and this one does, plus the extra buttons are nice in FPS and strategy
games, and wireless is just good in general aside from the battery life and
possible interference issues. I used to love the old Logitech 3 button prior
to the wheel and redesign. Then a few years after they pulled it someone got
around to realizing that gamers loved the old feel so they re-released it as
the Logitech gaming mouse. Now I have three of them. Any UNIX box I own that
can use a PS/2 mouse gets a Logitech gaming mouse. I don't use the wheel on
my UNIX systems anyway so I don't miss it, and having a real meaty middle
button is a much bigger help then the wheel would be anyway.

Chris Byrne