[geeks] i refuse to spend the entire day infront of a

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Sat Apr 13 22:18:37 CDT 2002

pwargo at basenji.com writes:

>On Saturday, April 13, 2002, at 01:26 PM, Amy wrote:

>> myself with a heavenly lunch :) then i think we'll be doing something
>> with
>> max (herding? fly kites in the park? something)

>We (Chan, her mom, and I) went out and celebrated Thai New Year
>(Songkran) by eating at our favorite Thai place, then went to the Guitar
>Shop to look for my birthday present.  We're going to go back tomorrow
>for some one-on-one, as I want to make sure I get some pro advice.  (My
>birthday present from both of them is an electric guitar, amp, and
>lessons.)

Spend real money on the guitar. Skimp on the amp, for the time being.
I'd go used, personally.

I stopped playing guitar a long time ago. I had a late 70s Gibson SG,
and a custom 1/4 step guitar. I sold the SG to a friend for close to
nothing, and just recently sold the custom to this insane band from
Chicago that were interested in microtonal theory...

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
-------- "I prefer the ridiculous to the sublime." - James Chance ---------