[geeks] Cross platform data entry

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Sat Apr 13 20:48:46 CDT 2002

>On Sunday, April 14, 2002, at 02:32 AM, Big Endian wrote:
>
>>I'm working on building a database for inventory/desk/etc tracking
>>at work and I'm just wondering what people use for data entry
>>systems w/ postgres?  For my needs it has to be web based or run on
>>OS X/IRIX/FreeBSD and Winblows.
>>

>My final year project was built around a database and it was webased
>using PHP altho I was using MySQL.

My thing here is to be able to enter large amounts of data by hand.
Ie: Intern/junior admin/<insert more wishful thinking here> goes
around, records the serial number, make, model, OS and software
loadout of all the machines around the office, that goes in database,
then we build the management app around the data.  What i need is a
comfortable way to do that.

daniel