[geeks] grr AT

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Apr 13 20:01:29 CDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 05:54:28PM -0700, Jim Carver wrote:
> Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> >
> > I have a P166 (thought it was MMX, but just found out it wasn't).  All I want
> > is something that will run Minitab, Squeak, and maybe the occasional game.
> >
> > Well, at the moment, the occasional game I want to play is Delta Force.  All
> > it requires is a decent video card and MMX.  But the price of P200mmx and
> > P233mmx is rediculous compared to the price of ATX P2 or P3 mother boards, or
> > really, especially next to Duron motherboard and CPU combos.  But I can't
> > just grab any of those because the system in question is only a sticking
> > AT case.
> >
> > See maybe why I soud tense in email?  Nothing ever works the first (or
> > second usually) try.
> >
> > --
> > Joshua D. Boyd
> Not sure of your definition of high prices. Computergeeks has P200MMx
> for $14.00 and P166MMX for $6.50.
>
> http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=CPU#Socket 7 CPU's

Hmm.  I was looking on ebay (first mistake I suppose) and seeing prices like
$20-$25.  Sure, that is affordable, but it seems foolish when Durons with
Mobos can be had for something like $70.

I've arranged to get a CPU.  Looking over the site to see if I want to add
it to my list of shopping locations.

--
Joshua D. Boyd