[geeks] i refuse to spend the entire day infront of a computer

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Sat Apr 13 19:39:42 CDT 2002

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> On Saturday, April 13, 2002, at 01:26 PM, Amy wrote:
>
> > myself with a heavenly lunch :) then i think we'll be doing something
> > with
> > max (herding? fly kites in the park? something)
>
> We (Chan, her mom, and I) went out and celebrated Thai New Year
> (Songkran) by eating at our favorite Thai place, then went to the Guitar
> Shop to look for my birthday present.  We're going to go back tomorrow
> for some one-on-one, as I want to make sure I get some pro advice.  (My
> birthday present from both of them is an electric guitar, amp, and
> lessons.)

which guitars are you looking towards? :) i come from a long line of
guitarists (primarily folk singers but i think thats due to age/music
preferences. but then again i've always loved the kingston trio so who
knows). we spent most of the family getogethers either singing, playing or
arguing over strings, fretboards, and which side made the better
sphagetti.

> As my father so recently proved, you're never too old.  He's learning
> piano at 75, and getting good at it.  So is my mom, but she's younger.
> (By 2 years) :-)

i'm convinced that parents get younger as their kids get older. my dad has
about twice the energy that i do, same for my aunt and bill's mom. my dad
doesn't think anything about going out and digging up the entire yard
every other week, while mowing our little lawn kicks my ass.

--a
happy thai new year