[geeks] just for you guys....

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Sat Apr 13 19:19:48 CDT 2002

On Saturday, April 13, 2002, at 12:27 PM, alex j avriette wrote:

> i suppose "dumb twat" is some sort of un-dumb, un-twattish attack on my
> merits as a person, too. sheesh.

Would you prefer "dumb fuck"?

> and getting this upset about it is equally idiotic. its just a damn
> webpage. its html. its electrons on a disk somewhere. in a cable
> somewhere. it doesnt mean anything. reeeeelax.

That's like placing an absolute value on language, when we know it is
all in how you interpret it - the context of *anything* is the most
important component.  Making fun of "fat chicks" or "skinny geeks" or
any other stereotype is just wrong, even if it is "just electrons on a
disk."  Mein Kampf was just words on a page, and look what that led to.
6 million dead ain't chump change.

-Pete