[geeks] Web Browsers that Don't Suck

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sat Apr 13 13:23:40 CDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 02:27:02PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> I just can't stand programmers with your un-informed and dangerous
> views!  ;-)

do you REALLY need to be such an ass all the time?

> Scrunched lines are hard to read.
> Folded lines are hard to read.

agreed 100%.

> Identifier names that are shorter than is healthy are confusing.

it's mailing list example code.  it's an arbitrary variable that means nothing.
i'm SURE josh doesn't use var names like that in real code (i though i was the
only one that did that, btw, and maybe i am. *G*)

> Confusing and hard-to read code leads to bugs (at least so long as it's
> not write-once code).

i have code that i've written that has WORKAROUNDS to bugs that i can't track
down since the code is so unbelievably confusing and hard to read.

usually that stuff ends up getting re-written from the ground up after the
second or third workaround. :)

-brian
--
"Today, put your best foot forward. If you're not sure which of your feet is
 your best foot, cut one off. Then it doesn't matter."   - www.lowbrow.com -