[geeks] Eeeek

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sat Apr 13 12:08:29 CDT 2002

> For freinds,nothing.  Mostly what I'll do is take your existing resume
> and modify it so that the HR dept doesn't automatically filter it out,
> the $PHBs find what they want, and the technical guys don't think you're
> an idiot.

which is what i need since i suck at conveying information like that.
my ex-wife helped with the resume in it's current state, but she's a journalist
and not a resume writer. :)

> If anyone want's me to take a look at their resume and make some
> suggestions, feel free to email it to me.  Kris, Brian, and anyone else
> - please feel free.

kick ass dude.

> Please no Word docs.  I use Abiword mostly, so I can read all kinds of
> formats...

as if.  i love getting phone calls from recruiters (well not anymore with the
current market, but before it sucked) and when they asked for word documents i
laughed at them.  i still would, if they would call.  :)

http://www.4amlunch.net/resume/

if you want to clean up the HTML a little feel free, this started out as a
Dreamweaver HTML file since that was the first time that i wanted to use
tables, and they confused me.  now they make send and i can write them by
hand, so i've been slowing cleaning this thing up.  trust me, it's a LOT better
(from a code POV, it's always looked pretty much the same in a browser) than
it used to be. :)

-brian
--
"Today, put your best foot forward. If you're not sure which of your feet is
 your best foot, cut one off. Then it doesn't matter."   - www.lowbrow.com -