[geeks] Web Browsers that Don't Suck

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sat Apr 13 11:51:24 CDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 10:17:40PM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:
> > > Should have said tractor feed laser.  Can use green bar paper, but it produces
> > > nice laser output.
> >
> > But *s*l*o*w*.
>
> The ones I've seen in operation were very quick.

as fast as a line printer?  after using a line printer to print out code i was
working on i got hooked.  those things are FAST.  which is GOOD since IBM s/370
assembly is LONG. ;)

the other neat trick, and i'd have to dig out some old printouts i have is that
it would print the assembly code on the left, and the compiled machine version
on the right in two columns.  very useful.

-brian
--
"Today, put your best foot forward. If you're not sure which of your feet is
 your best foot, cut one off. Then it doesn't matter."   - www.lowbrow.com -