[geeks] argh Solaris

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sat Apr 13 11:49:26 CDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 02:49:13AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> crle -u returns "crle: /var/ld/ld.config: open failed: No such file or
> directory"
>
> In the man page, a simple sample usage is to add a path.
> "example% crle  -u  -l /local/lib"  I changed that to be /usr/lib instead
> of local/lib, and when I run:
> bash-2.03# crle -u -l /usr/lib
> crle: /var/ld/ld.config: open failed: No such file or directory
> bash-2.03#
>
> WTF is up here?

i'm starting to suspect that there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with your
install of Solaris.  you SHOULD NOT have to tell the linker to look in /lib
or /usr/lib IT ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT THEM.  that's why putting in in $LD_LIB_PATH
made no difference.

that's just a guess of course, but i think it's a good one. ;)

-brian
--
"Today, put your best foot forward. If you're not sure which of your feet is
 your best foot, cut one off. Then it doesn't matter."   - www.lowbrow.com -