[geeks] Google API

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sat Apr 13 01:36:49 CDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 11:20:55PM -0700, David Passmore wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 12:24:48AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > Google has released their API for doing direct searches.
> >
> > http://www.google.com/apis/
> >
> > Woohoo!  This kicks ass.
>
> How does it kick ass? Sheesh, if something doesn't involve at least 5 trendy
> acronyms these days it must suck. Hell, I can't even easily use that from C.

Soap calls should be darn easy from any COM capable application (read
windows), which is to say, not easily (since nothing COM is easy from C on
windows).

Soap calls are supposed to be darn easy from C on Mac OS X, but I don't
really know anything for sure since I'm not an OS X user, let alone a
developer.

And there is libsoap for linux.  Looking, looking[1]...

Well, it is related to the xerces project to my recall, but I can't even
find the bloody xerces project web page.  Stupid web.

--
Joshua D. Boyd

[1]Darn it, why does it always happen that when I try to find a linux package,
I find tons of debian and redhat related pages (indexs, discusion lists,
package download pages, etc), but have to dig long and hard to find the
package's actual home page?