[geeks] $PHB and Dilbert

Tom Borton tborton at usa.net
Fri Apr 12 19:51:36 CDT 2002

Scary, scary.

I sketched a picture of Dogbert on a co-worker's whiteboard a few weeks
ago - he's waving a wand, wearing a funky hat, and the original has him
saying, "Out, out, you demons of stupidity."  Most of you have probably
seen it.

VP (1 of 2 at $SMALL_SOFTWARE_COMPANY) walks into her office, points at
it and asks, "Who's the king?  Is that me?"  He was serious.

She shows him a picture of the PHB and says, "That's you."  His reply:
"Oh, you mean the nice boss that everyone takes advantage of."  "Umm,
yeah."  He leaves and has to ask someone else before he figure's out
he's been insulted.  At least I work for the other VP.

How can you work for a software consultant and *not* recognize Dilbert
et al fer God's sake?!  If my resume weren't already out there, this
would have done it...

Tom