Gigabit for web servers (WAS )RE: [geeks] Big Blue Smoke

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 12 18:09:33 CDT 2002

From: "Steven Hill" <sjh at matrix.net>

> It would be nice if we got more of the *decent* BBC programming over
> here... They do a lot of good stuff, but somehow a lot gets hidden
> from those of us in merka.
>
> Also Channel 4 and ITV... Not seen any British Independant TV ovber
> here yet.

I love my slothful media pursuits but rarely, if ever, watch ITV. ITV's become
a home to the lowest common denomination drivel you could possibly imagine.

As far as UK terrestrial goes, CH4 and BBC1 & 2 are the only channels worth
watching. FFS, even Channel 5 seems to have more worthwhile content that ITV.

There are bad things afoot in British TV.

Standards appear to be plummeting at an alarming rate. The BBC and CH4, still
produce a lot of good, original content but this is offset by the volume of
derivative crap that they seem to produce.

Will.