[geeks] I haven't gotten into this yet but I need some advice

David Passmore dpassmor at sneakers.org
Fri Apr 12 12:48:27 CDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 01:37:26PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 01:32:53PM -0400, Ethan wrote:
> > > My preferred method is actually a dual-deck DVHS VCR, but that's a little
> > > too pricy.

I have been archiving video for several years in many different formats, and
I can only give you one piece of advice: you should make your best effort to
record the first time in the format that you want the video to stay in
forever. If it is destined for DVD, record straight to MPEG-2. You don't
necessarily have to burn it to DVD right away. Recompression sucks.

David