[geeks] I haven't gotten into this yet but I need some advice

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Fri Apr 12 12:32:53 CDT 2002

> My preferred method is actually a dual-deck DVHS VCR, but that's a little
> too pricy.
> Peace...  Sridhar

I paid $350 for my Sony Digital8 TRV-120 from eBay...
It might be a solution, it records in Digital8 format,
has analog inputs... tapes are cheap but limited to 3
hours. I buy tapes for $13 for 3 x 60 minute at Sams
club. It would be possible to record from VHS to Digital8
and keep it on Digital8 until a DVD-R and Firewire equipped
system is availible.

On the other hand, the M-JPEG Digisuite LE card that I have in
my roomate's system ... that thing can TEAR UP some diskspace.
The box has two 100gig IDE disks, and recording at 15MB/s...
*GULP*. I normally run stuff that I'm going to convert to VCD
(mainly from his Tivo) at 3MB/s rates. The Digisuite is sooo
nice, but the DTV card that adds MPEG2 & DV capabilities is
way out of my pricerange. :-(

				-- Ethan