[geeks] I haven't gotten into this yet but I need some advice

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Apr 12 12:21:45 CDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 01:13:20PM -0400, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> and now a method suitable to a quasi computer-literate person... my
> mother....
>
> I'm not the one doing this

Using a DC-30 and making VCDs is easy on the mac.  Just buy nice burning
software.  I don't know how hard it is to make Divx files, but in theory it
is just a matter of telling the video program to export the divx.  But that
assumes someone bothered to make a proper divx codec for MacOS.  Getting
a copy of the sorrensen encoder would also produce nice-ish CD sized files,
and would certainly be easy to use.

--
Joshua D. Boyd