Gigabit for web servers (WAS )RE: [geeks] Big Blue Smoke

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 12 10:26:53 CDT 2002

I am wondering how you are pushing that much data into the internet.

To place some scale on the picture, my company takes 4-5 million hits per
hour at peak. We fullfill these hits (with no increase in latency from
off-peak) from two datacenters each with a 100mbs feed.

So, are you running 40-50 million hits/hour? What entity is this?

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751