[geeks] car question

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Apr 12 08:49:18 CDT 2002

Amy wrote:

> ok, just took my car's first post-repairs night trip to the circle k, and
> it seems my dash lights are out and all of my headlights are out save one
> (works on brights only). now. my qiestion is, are these controlled by
> fuses or do i hafta replace all the damn lights?

Replace the headlights.  Not expensive - about $10 each.  Easy to
install/remove - 10 minute job, or less even...

The dash light is a long-life bulb.  Normally when the dash light is
out, it's a fuse.  However I have seen them burn out, so that's a
possibility. Replacing the light is not easy, as you usually have to
remove the entire guague assembly bezel and fascia.  Well, it's easy,
but very time consuming.  Check the fuse first, it's the most likely
culprit...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com