[geeks] Big Blue Smoke

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Apr 12 08:33:27 CDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 07:09:53PM -0400, alex j avriette wrote:

> waaaaait a minute. gigabit ethernet cards? for a webserver? have you
> been smoking crack??

No.  We were pushing over a gigabit earlier this week.  Now admittedly,
that was the total for all our servers - IIRC it was 1.2Gbps from our
London facility and 0.31Gbps from our NY facility - but if we were to
use a small number of z800s instead of a large number of Suns, we'd
certainly need more than 100Mbps from each.

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

 hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H. L. Mencken