[geeks] I want one

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Fri Apr 12 00:50:30 CDT 2002

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 01:26:42AM -0400, James Sharp wrote:
> >
> > Yeah.  A netbooted sparc 5.  Plays via NFS mounts or via streaming.
> > Controlled by a web browser (or soon an infrared remote control...YAY
> > Microchip PICs !)
>
> no need, PS2 Linux kit is just around the corner.  anyone know if the Mad Catz
> DVD remote is supported by NetBSD?

Yeah, but I was just thinking...man, I'd have to boot into linux every
time I wanted to do MP3s.  Instant gratification is my thing...push the
"MD/TAPE" button on my audio system, and *bam* there it is.  No waiting
for the system to boot.

I may alter that, though, if the PS2 linux system boots relatively
quickly.

I do wonder what kind of neat software I could port to the PS2 and have it
take advantage of the twin 300 Mhz vector engines.