[geeks] Big Blue Smoke

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Thu Apr 11 21:56:01 CDT 2002

> Actually, it is tempting to get a IDE card for a PCI mac, and drop 2
> mirrored
> drives in it for offline non critical.  Sure, IDE sucks, but now
> everyone can
> afford hundreds of gigs of SCSI space.

heh, title still applies, we're talking blue and white g3's right?

i have a rev 1 g3. apple's stupid onboard ide controller can only handle
*1* disk. linux does okay with two but spontaneously reboots. anyhow, so
i've been looking at ide controllers for it as well, and i see some on
OWC for about $60. to add 400gb for less than $600 is extremely
appealing. especially for somebody with lots and lots and lots and lots
of mp3s.

alex