[geeks] Big Blue Smoke

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu Apr 11 21:40:13 CDT 2002

> > > And the X1 is only $1k
> > >
> > > or since they are IDE based, with no PCI slot, do they not count?
> >
> > If you want to run your business on an IDE drive, be my guest.
>
> Well, since the whole thing is a FRU...
>
> We run tens of these units.
>
> Double the disks and mirror them.
>
> Undoubtedly for simplicity the T1s with SCA bays on the front is a
> good bet, but for web serving, small FS and what we use the X1s for,
> they are fine.
>
> Oh, and a third of the cost..

I'd really rather pay extra for the T1.  I'm not sure which
ones we use at work.  I need to see what all the big and
little boxes are.  I know there are some E450s, SunFires,
and some others, but I'm not sure of the mix right now.  I
do like to look at the glowing logos with the lights dimmed.

Sun builds very nice looking boxes.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net