[geeks] Big Blue Smoke

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Thu Apr 11 21:37:38 CDT 2002

> Fortunately IBM mainframes have redundancy built in and rarely
> suffer a complete failure.  You'd be more likely to have cache
> corruption in your USIII processor that you'd have to sign an NDA
> to get fixed than have the mainframe completely fail.

On the 3090-200J that I played with a few years ago, we had a large
crate arrive from spain. Of its own accord.

What the fsck is this, said I?

Just then, Gordon Bennett, from IBM, Greenock walked in and said, that
will be the replacement DASD unit that your system ordered.

Jolly good said I.

And I returned to playing Doom on the helpdek PC

S.

--
Steven Hill
Systems Administrator